I'm blessed to be living a bold, passionate life through helping others. I have a goal to touch move and inspire health and healing in 1,000,000 people by 2010 with my work and clinic. Maybe you will be one of the Million!

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Is the Price of Lasting Youth Too High?


I have to admit that I am at a bit of a cross-roads professionally. I had a vision of bringing health and vitality to the masses and have run up against a problem. No, I have a program which is reproducible, effective and comprehensive..in effect, I have busted my hump to learn from the greatest trainers and holistic practitioners in the world so that I can to bring my dream to fruition..I can help people. I even have a team of like-minded, immensely talented, coaches. No, that is not the problem. The problem seems to be that the average person just doesn't want to make the changes necessary to be well.

Yes, you can have a body like mine AND energy AND and sense of well-being..but it takes work and a bit of time. No, I'm not talking about work wasting hours on a treadmill or depriving yourself of calories at every turn. I'm talking about the work it takes mentally to comprehend that SO MUCH of what we do every day is effecting our bodies...almost everything we eat now is garbage, we are stressed to the hilt, sleeping like crap and generally treating our needs and health as afterthoughts in our busy days. This is difficult to hear, every defense mechanism in our brains rails against the idea that what we are doing could actually be CAUSING degeneration and chronic illness that a pill or a cream isn't going to reverse.

Really, it's no so much our fault. Our lifestyles, habits, food supply, and water supply have all changed so drastically over a few short centuries that our slowly evolving bodies simply can not keep up with it. Our systems literally do not recognize so much of the things we eat because they DID NOT exist even 50 years ago!

So do you suppose we are ready to make the changes for better bodies, less disease and more energy? Some are...for those I will pour out every ounce of my knowledge and energy. However, I find these clients hard to come by in the average population.
I find myself straying ever further from the general population and that dream of bringing health to the masses. Instead, an increasing number of people are finding me at a time in their lives when they are ill, desperate, and fully aware that their life needs to change if they are to have a life worth living. Many gifted people at my stage of development work ONLY with these people because it is a gift..they are compliant, appreciative, and make great strides..it gives me a lot of pleasure to help them too.
However, I have this nagging voice in my head that keeps pushing me to make this work more accessible to the average person..to help people eradicate the diet roller coaster that rolls over hundreds of millions of Americans each year...to make Holistic "Sexy". I am committed to finding a way through my clinics or otherwise. There will be a tipping point sometime soon when the AVERAGE person looks at the four rows of fad diet books at Barnes and Noble and scoffs: "WOW..I can't believe anyone still buys those."
Until then, I will spread the word here, enjoy changing lives one at a time, and keep watching for my opportunity to reach the rest of you ...

No comments: